Re: How do I edit the SFDC MQL alert email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I edit the SFDC MQL alert email?

We're considering using the SFDC MQL Alert email instead of the Marketo Alerts because we don't like how the main link in the SPF-Send-Alert token goes to the record in Marketo since our sales team does not have Marketo log-ins.

I'd like to edit the content in the SFDC MQL Alert email , but I can't find where the template is stored in SFDC. Does anyone know where this template is typically located within SFDC?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to a help article in sfdc:  Manage Email Templates

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Jay,

From what you're describing, it sounds like this email is coming out of your Marketo instance--and since this is something that's made by users rather than by Marketo themselves, you'll need to find the email that's being sent out upon an MQL qualifying and tweak it. Unfortunately, {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}} can't be traced for its use, but what you CAN do is hone in on any other fields that are in that MQL alert and check to see what uses those fields in your Admin section's Field Management (or check Marketing Activities/Design Studio for anything that might let you know what the actual email you're using for the MQL alert.)

PS: You probably plan on doing this anyway, but I'd definitely recommend adding a link a la <a href="http://yoursfdcserver.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC ID}}">View this record in Salesforce</a> when you edit your alert email to help your sales team out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea with the "http://yoursfdcserver.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC ID}}" link. I have found the alert emails in Marketo, but when a lead reaches MQL, the SFDC Lead Owner is currently receiving an alert from both SFDC and Marketo. I still can't seem to find the email template that's being used in SFDC. It's not with the rest of the Email Templates as Jamie mentioned, and where I'd think it would be. I think this is something I'll just need to work a little more on with our SFDC admin.

We're just getting started with Marketo here so we have some things to figure out. Appreciate the help!