How do I create "headings" for section of checkboxes without them becoming field values?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I create "headings" for section of checkboxes without them becoming field values?

I really appreciate all of you trying to help. I tried setting up field sets, but Marketo only allows one field per field set. I set up one field set called "Instruments" and dragged the instruments checkboxes for "Product of Interest" into it. Then I tried to create another field set, but it would not let me use the "Product of Interest" field anymore.

This is such a simple thing request. There must be many people who want to "categorize" their checkboxes with headers. I don't understand why this has become such a nightmare.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I create "headings" for section of checkboxes without them becoming field values?

I would like to reiterate my question. And thanks to all of you for taking the time to help.

All I want to do (see screenshot attached) is to have the first item " --Instruments-- " to NOT have that dang checkbox beside it. Thats it! That's ALLLLLLLL I need. If I could do that, then I could list the other section headings as --Software--, --Upgrades-- etc. and I would be done! Is there any hope to be able to accomplish this in Marketo?

Don't get me wrong, I love Marketo. When it works, it is fantastic. But when it doesn't...OH MY! It's a nightmare!

the way it is now.JPG

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Very simple.   CSS only, no JS:

MktoForms2 :: Checkboxes with Sections - JSFiddle

Mark up the value list like so:

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I put the css? Is there somewhere in the form that allows me to put this css in there?

.mktoForm INPUT[type="checkbox"][value="[Section]"] {

display: none;

}

Thanks,

Matt

SanfordWhiteman

Under Form Settings >> Form Theme, click the gear icon on the right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL NVM. Of course we put the css in the LP Template. Sorry, must be I haven't had my coffee yet!

OK Thanks everyone. It works perfectly.GO MARKETO!

SanfordWhiteman

Please mark my post as Correct to close out the thread. Thanks!