Re: How do I create a smart list of recipients within a Nurture program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I create a smart list of recipients within a Nurture program?

Can I create a smart list of recipients within a Nurture program? How do I do that?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

What are you calling a smart list of recipients?

You should have a smart list of targets (i.e. the smart list of people you will be adding to the program), as this is the basis for adding members to the program.

You can easily have a smart list of program members ("member of engagement program" or "member of program filters")

and you can have a smart list of people who were sent the emails ("was send email" smart list), or event a smart list of the people who were delivered the emails.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi George,

I’m looking for a way to make the parameters for the list of people who will receive the email within my future program and who will be added to the program.

How do I do that?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

I do not go by George...

I do not understand the question. You decide, so you create the smart campaign to add people to the program.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I would like to send out an email series to inactive customers. It will include emails on day 1 of inactivity, day 7 of inactivity, day 25 of inactivity and day 30 of inactivity.

According to my understanding, the best way to do this would be to set up a nurture program that will hit all current and future customers that qualify.

Where or how do I create the smart list of leads that will be members of this nurture program?

Thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

That will be quite difficult to do with an engagement program, because you will need wait durations between email that are not always the same and you also will want to test for each email if you should continue sending.

You should rather use a default program with a smart campaign. You will need various smart lists:

• Inactive for 1 day (although most of your leads will)
  • Inactive for 7 days
  • Inactive for 25 days
  • Inactive for 30 days.

Then everyday, you select every one in the 1st smart list and add them to the flow. The flow will send 1st email, wait 6 days, send the email #2, wait 18 days, send email #3, wait 5 days and send email #4.

At each "send email" flow step (except #1), you will setup a choice:

• if member of smart list "inactive for 7 days" then send email #2, else do nothing
  • if member of smart list "inactive for 25 days" then send email #3, else do nothing
  • if member of smart list "inactive for 30 days" then send email #4, else do nothing

-Greg