How do I create a lead generation cadence without using a nurture campaign?

Breanna_Mack
Level 1

How do I create a lead generation cadence without using a nurture campaign?

Hello to my seasoned Marketo users! I'm a newbie to Marketo and I work for a startup company that's testing new ventures of outbound outreach.

Currently, we have a partnership with an SDR agency that manages all touchpoints with our contacts up until a meeting is scheduled with our in-house SDRs. We'd like to test bringing the first touch attribution in-house and have the outsourced SDR agency manage the remaining touch attributions up until a meeting has been scheduled with our in-house SDR. I want to point out, not all of our contacts will be an MQL or SQL so we'd want to remove them from our Marketo database to stay within our compliance, however, they will be synced to SFDC so we will still have records.

Now to the point of my post, what is the best way to send emails to these contacts each week without putting them into a nurture campaign and without having to create a new email campaign each week (note: new contacts will be added each week and any contacts from the previous week that did not engage with the email will still be in the cadence stream)? Also, we are not planning to change the content or design of this email since the structure of this campaign is to remove a contact from the stream the moment they've viewed the email. 

Looking forward to your thoughts and perspectives on this!

2 REPLIES 2
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How do I create a lead generation cadence without using a nurture campaign?

Breanna,

focusing on your third paragraph; this is all very confusing.  Can you confirm that you want to email people weekly, but when they view an email you want to stop emailing them?

Come back on that one, and I'll feed you some more thoughts

Cheers

Jo

PS - You need to watch out for 'viewed'... there is lots of stuff in here about email scanners (i.e. anti virus, anti spam etc.) making it seem like an email has been viewed (and possibly even link clicked) when in reality it hasn't been.

Breanna_Mack
Level 1

Re: How do I create a lead generation cadence without using a nurture campaign?

Apologies for the confusion. Yes, we want to email contacts every week but

any contact that has opened the email will then be removed from the list.

I had not thought about email scanners that view emails. Is there a way to

circumvent this? I also want to point out we will be sending the exact same

email every time so I am not sure if that plays a role in spam count.

Breanna