How do I create a SC that runs on Jan 1 each year?

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

How do I create a SC that runs on Jan 1 each year?

I want to create an SC that will do some end-of-year cleanup. Specifically, I'd like something to run through all of my programs on Jan 1, write all my success leads to 2015 Success, all my non-success to 2015 Non-Success, remove all members from the program and start fresh for 2016.  I have a lot of programs, so automation is the answer I'm hoping to find.

How close can I get to total automation?  I'd be OK starting out with a SC in each program that I can automate for Jan 1 of each year but I'm not sure how to even write that out.  Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Robb Barrett
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How do I create a SC that runs on Jan 1 each year?

Hi Robb,

You cannot with a bach campaign. The best you can do is every month... Even with a qualification rule every twelve months, you may have leads that qualify and run through it each month.

Instead, create a "Archive Date" token (type: Date) at the root folders of your program (it will spread to every program in the folder). Set the value of this token to Jan 1st 2016

Then, in each program set up a trigger campaign that captures all leads when they become member. Start the flow of this smart campaign with "Wait" flow step set up as this (click on the gear icon, on the wait):

pastedImage_2.png

After this flow step, add the flow steps to process the changes you need, with choices to process differently successes and non successes. You could event branch them to other campaigns based on being a success or not (see Request Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Docs )

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why is it you need to do this? Success points are marked by date anyway and you would just be confusing the attribution with another program and all the success points would become Jan 1 for that new Program.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Program reports don't allow date ranges so we can't do a clean report of program performance by year without flushing out the programs. I'm not talking about moving them to a new program, in each program I'd have archive lists and put them into those lists.

Gregoire, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that out.

Robb Barrett