SOLVED

How do I add a link to an image in an email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I add a link to an image in an email?

I want to add a URL link to an image in my email. It seems easy and intuitive to do on landing pages, but I can't seem to find how to accomplish this in an email.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How do I add a link to an image in an email?

Hi Will,

It depends on how you insert the image in the email and on which version of the email editor you are using, as well as, if you are using the v2 editor, how the template has been designed

If you insert it in an image element (v2 editor only), then in the image settings dialog box, you should be able to set the link IF the image element has been set to authorize a link (whichis under the responsibility of the template developper). It may also happen that the developper has set it up through variables on the right of the editor. So no one answer here. Pls provide info on the template you are using and screenshots so that we can help you more.

If you insert it in a text element (either in v1 or v2 editors), then the image dialog has a field to set up the link.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Will, please move the thread to Products and someone will answer it there. "Community" is for website feedback, not product support -- and yes, this is confusing!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should be able to click the image and then press the anchor button. Is that not working?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Will,

It depends on how you insert the image in the email and on which version of the email editor you are using, as well as, if you are using the v2 editor, how the template has been designed

If you insert it in an image element (v2 editor only), then in the image settings dialog box, you should be able to set the link IF the image element has been set to authorize a link (whichis under the responsibility of the template developper). It may also happen that the developper has set it up through variables on the right of the editor. So no one answer here. Pls provide info on the template you are using and screenshots so that we can help you more.

If you insert it in a text element (either in v1 or v2 editors), then the image dialog has a field to set up the link.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Greg!

The template developer is in-house so it was an easy fix once you diagnosed our issue.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You're welcome