SOLVED

How do Duplicates get processed in Send Email Flow Step with Choices?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do Duplicates get processed in Send Email Flow Step with Choices?

I've got a scenario where I have grouped a bunch of possible duplicates in a Smart Campaign, where the Flow Action = Send Email, but I've added a choice:

Choice 1 - If Random Sample = 50% > Send "Email A"
Default -  Send "Email B"

Now, I understand that when you batch a Flow Action of Send Email and there's duplicates in your Qualified Members, Marketo automatically dedupes for you.

And from the testing I've done on my own duplicate records, I only received one email once.

However, I'm trying to understand what is happening on the back-end exactly. Is it processing the Send Email as one action and auto deduping, OR is it just luck that I received one email, e.g. all of my duplicates fell into my 50% random sample and were processed at the Choice 1 step.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do Duplicates get processed in Send Email Flow Step with Choices?

Carrie,

Would you test two lists that have several dupes in them that you create?

I know it is possible for both dupes to qualify for a nurturing triggered campaign where they qualify at different times, so I am curious in this situation if you did get lucky.

You could also use the Duplicate Fields filter with one or both of your lists to check for dupes in that random list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carrie,

Would you test two lists that have several dupes in them that you create?

I know it is possible for both dupes to qualify for a nurturing triggered campaign where they qualify at different times, so I am curious in this situation if you did get lucky.

You could also use the Duplicate Fields filter with one or both of your lists to check for dupes in that random list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers Josh, I tested with two choices > Add Choice "Member of List" (where List A and List B contained a few dupes of myself). Results indicate that only a single dupe is sent a single email.

Today feels like a good day to blast an A/B test to some duplicates.