SOLVED

Re: How can you find total opens for an email program, versus the unique total opens?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you find total opens for an email program, versus the unique total opens?

Under the email performance report, opens are included. However, I was told that these are our unique opens. How could I find total opens?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can you find total opens for an email program, versus the unique total opens?

Hi Ashley,

You can't get to this information in marketo reports

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Ashley,

You can't get to this information in marketo reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Darrell (and Joy!),

I didn't think it was possible to get this information, but I wanted to double check with the "all knowing community".

Thanks for your input!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley,

Unfortunately, Darrell is correct in that you can't get that from a MKTO report. I think the question I'd ask here is - Are you planning on optimizing the email based on total vs. unique opens? I'm not sure the difference is that important when it comes to optimizing your email program. You'll likely optimize based on # opens (i.e. subject line - doesn't matter that it's unique), click (i.e. evaulate call-to-action, placement of CTA, etc) and conversions (i.e. form fill outs on a landing page from that click, or registration for the webinar, etc).

Christina_Bucul
Level 1

Hypothetically you could still get this information if you make a smart list which only allows each lead to run through the flow one time and the criteria would be opened email and the name of your email. When you see all the leads that qualify, there is your number! You might also get duplicates in here if you have duplicate emails so if you wanted you could export the list and remove duplicates too

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina,

Wouldn't that be unique opens? The smart list would only generate a list of subscribers who qualified for the filter. I think the smart list would give me a count of people who opened the email, but for those who opened the email more than once, their email address would not appear twice or three times.

I need to know how many users opened the email more than once.