How can i stop from certain contacts automatically syncing to salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i stop from certain contacts automatically syncing to salesforce?

I have contacts/leads coming in from a certain website through a Munckin API associate lead that I do not want to sync to SFDC. While there is no campaign created for this, names are being automatically synced to SFDC. How can I stop this? I want names coming from this webpage, with this lead source to just sync to Marketo and NOT SFDC. 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can i stop from certain contacts automatically syncing to salesforce?

Leads only sync when
  • they match an existing records that is also in SFDC.
  • You explicitly Sync to SFDC a group of leads
  • Leads come in via a Program that is synced to an SFDC Campaign
So you may need to check your lead management workflows to see why these leads are syncing. I suspect it is a Program or standard MQL flow. Check each record's history for ideas too.

So you may need to modify the MQL workflow to exclude leads Created via the API until they meet certain criteria.
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I check their MQL workflow? I do not want to exclude all leads created via the API just the API on this particular webpage. The form they fill out is not a marketo form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd find one lead which had synced over and read through its Activity Log. Within that, you should be able to see what campaign or process sync'd it to SFDC and then go modify that.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I just came across this. We have just acquired another company that uses a 2nd SFDC database than the one that is currently synced to our Marketo instance. We want to start sending out their emails from Marketo now, but we will not be merging the 2 versions of SFDC until next year (at the earliest). Is there an easy way to segment these to make sure they are not synced to that version of SFDC? Is it really as simple as making sure that none of my programs are connected with an SFDC campaign?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Amber,

That would definitely work as long as you were able to properly monitor the sync and the SFDC2 leads in a separate set of lists. Then just exclude them from being sent over. Of course, if some of them are dupes, they will merge and sync over to SFDC1.