Re: How can I use a URL Parameter to add leads to an SFDC campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I use a URL Parameter to add leads to an SFDC campaign?

I have a URL parameter like this:  www.mymarketolandingpage.com/source=google-ad

I know how to create a hidden form field to read the parameter, but I'm looking for ideas on how to add this lead to an SFDC campaign.  The same landing page will have multiple sources that are tied to multiple campaigns, and new sources/campaigns are added weekly, so I need a scalable solution.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian,
why don't you use the hidden field to trigger a smart campaign which adds people to a SFDC campaign?

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Steffen, thanks for the idea -- I had a similar thought. Would I need to create a series of "choices" in the flow step to accommodate for all of the possible sources and campaigns? It could be a long list... I was hoping I could embed the SFDC campaign ID (or something similar) in the URL parameter to automatically identify the correct campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

You can add parameters in the URL to identify the correct campaign, source, lead type, lead description...etc.  In order to pass those parameters you have to first ensure that respective marketo & SFDC fields are mapped.

Here's how you can do it.
  1. Create just "1" form (that's all you need) with all the visible fields you want to capture.
  2. Now...add hidden fields in the same form, for ex:
    • Lead Source
    • Lead Type
    • Campaign Name
    • Campaign Type
    • etc.
  3. Edit the "Get Value From" for hidden fields - Select -> URL Parameter
  4. Create your landing page...etc.
  5. Go to Landing Page Actions -> URL Builder -> Create your URL with parameters
  6. Once you have an URL, all you have to do is edit "Lead Source" in the URL
  7. Done!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Arnav. I'm familiar with the process of creating the form and selecting the URL parameter via a hidden field. My question is how to automatically add the lead to a SFDC campaign after I capture the parameter value.