SOLVED

Re: How can I sync specific filter from Salesforce to Marketo?

Go to solution
Ibrahim_Burhani
Level 3

How can I sync specific filter from Salesforce to Marketo?

Hello guys,

I have a small clarification in the Sync from Salesforce to Marketo.

I have already completed the integration part now and I am about to start syncing from Salesforce. But before I go ahead I need to make sure that I sync leads or contacts who are currently using the Current CMS filter which I already created in Salesforce for filtering the leads and contacts from SF.

So can you guys help me in this situation. thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Ibrahim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ibrahim,

Before launching the sync :

• Create a field in SFDC called "Sync with Marketo" on leads and contacts, type checkbox.
  • Then create some workflows so that only the contacts and/or leads you want to sync have this checkbox set to TRUE.
  • Finally, contact support so that they limit the sync to only the leads and or contacts with this filed checked.
  • Initialize your DB setting this field to True for the relevant contacts and leads
  • Activate the sync

In the future, if you want to change the criteria, you will just have to adjust the workflows.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

One way to do it is to block certain records from coming into Marketo applying the same criteria that you apply in your custom view in SFDC. You will need your SFDC Admin's help on this.

What syncs depends on what the Marketo Sync User can see in SFDC. You need to adjust the permissions of the Marketo Sync User in SFDC and ensure that those are the only records it sees. How do I block certain leads/contacts in Salesforce from synching into Marketo?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ibrahim,

Before launching the sync :

• Create a field in SFDC called "Sync with Marketo" on leads and contacts, type checkbox.
  • Then create some workflows so that only the contacts and/or leads you want to sync have this checkbox set to TRUE.
  • Finally, contact support so that they limit the sync to only the leads and or contacts with this filed checked.
  • Initialize your DB setting this field to True for the relevant contacts and leads
  • Activate the sync

In the future, if you want to change the criteria, you will just have to adjust the workflows.

-Greg

Ibrahim_Burhani
Level 3

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for the response.

As I am new in Marketo so still in learning process, so could you help me step by step how can I create the workflows to manage this activity.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Those ideas will help you do this.

The question I have, is why do you only want 2000 records to be synced to Marketo?

Ibrahim_Burhani
Level 3

Hi Josh Hill

Actually, we have a limit on Marketo with our package, and we want to make sure we will sync our prospects first to Marketo to get more engagement.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Regards,

Ibrahim