How can I load unsubscribers from previous systems?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I load unsubscribers from previous systems?

I am accustomed to email service providers that allow you to load your list of unsubscribes, but I don't see any support materials on doing this with Marketo & Salesforce.  The goal is to avoid inadvertently emailing contacts that are accidentally added to a marketing list.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I load unsubscribers from previous systems?

Jennifer Truitt​ You could simply upload the list to your database, and then create a Smart Campaign that triggers for that list to change data value to "Unsubscribed". You should then be good to go!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Allison!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Actually, I would not do this.

There are several threads on this (PLEASE SEARCH FIRST). Greg had a very good system, which you will find. If you are importing unsubscribes (and I don't know why you really need to), you can

1. import as email address | unsubscribe=1
  2. it will get added to the master unsub list (hidden)
  3. then you can delete them if you want and if they ever return, they will be unsubbed unless they opt in.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Matt_De_Palm
Level 2

Hi Josh,

I have a similar situation so hopefully bumping such an older thread won't be an issue.  I'm migrating my company off of Salesforce Marketing Could (ExactTarget) where we used publications lists to manager subscriber preference.  I would like to not only import the unsubs but maintain preferences from one system to another.  It seems complicated but is it even possible?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You really should open a new thread because only one Correct Answer is allowed per thread, and can only be marked by the OP.

It keeps the Nation more usable if old threads are referenced in new threads, but not resuscitated.

Matt_De_Palm
Level 2

Thanks, Sanford!  New thread has been posted > Importing Unsubscribes by Preference