Re: How can I get the info from Opportunity to Marketo?

Stephanie_Chmie
Level 2

How can I get the info from Opportunity to Marketo?

I am extremely frustrated that Marketo does not sync any of the data from the opportunity into Tokens AND the campaigns can't trigger a status change for the opportunity stage. 

Is anyone able to help me with a solution that will either get the opportunity fields to the contact OR the opportunity fields into an email as tokens?  I was hoping that I could make a formula field in Salesforce that would copy data from the opportunity. i.e. If I add a program # field to contact anytime I update the opportunity associated with that contact it will also change the data in the contact. 

I am a broker so we don't work like a typical sales company. We just started converting leads and now everything we have set up isn't working.  

I feel as if Adobe bought Marketo and decided they weren't going to do anything with it, I am extremely frustrated, I can't be the only one who has this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Fields on the Opportunity are synced. We use them all the time in complex Velocity code.

As for the Stage issue (which I noted in another thread), yes, that is a shortcoming. You can write Apex code to add an Opportunity Updates custom object to the Contact when an Opportunity is updated. Trigger on the Updates CO, use it to reference the changed CO.

Stephanie_Chmie
Level 2

Any suggestions if I don't know how to write Apex code? I just don't understand how everything else can be used but the opportunity. How do people track their leads? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Who is saying everything else can be used but the Opportunity?