SOLVED

Re: How can I get a Custom Object's linked Lead's ID?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get a Custom Object's linked Lead's ID?

Hi,

I am making updates to Marketo Custom Objects via the rest API, and would also like make an update to the Lead that is linked to the custom object.

I know I can get the lead by filtering on the email address, but in the case that there are duplicate leads (same email address) I would need a way to differentiate which lead is linked to the custom object.

I was hoping there would be a simple way to get the Lead ID of the linked Custom Object, but I have not been able to find any based on the documentation and tests using the samples provided.

Is there a simple way of getting the Lead ID of lead linked on to the custom object?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not positive but what would happen if you made a custom field that essentially mirrored the Lead ID.  Would that new field be visible in this new custom object?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not positive but what would happen if you made a custom field that essentially mirrored the Lead ID.  Would that new field be visible in this new custom object?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i were to add a link field on the Lead ID, would I have to populate that when creating the custom object?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok mirroring the lead field on the custom object should work for us since we are creating them in a webservice that gets requests from a marketo webhook, so I can pass the Lead ID there when the custom object is first being created.

Thanks for the suggestion.