How can I find leads that fill out a form after clicking on email link?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I find leads that fill out a form after clicking on email link?

Hi all,

I want to create a smart campaign that adds an interesting moment when a lead fills out a form. That's straight forward but I want to make it more specific. I only want an interesting moment when the said lead fills out the form after landing on that form through an email link. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Alexia

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I find leads that fill out a form after clicking on email link?

This may not be the perfect solution but you can do a trigger on fills out form and then filter on clicked link in email and specify that link.  This should be accurate enough for your campaign

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just add a constraint to the Fills Out Form trigger. A page view that bounces off your branding domain will have a mkt_tok query param, unless you are deliberately disabling it (mktNoTok).  If you are using mktNoTok or mktNoTrack, you can manually include UTM or equivalent tracking code in the link.

William_Moudry1
Level 2

Can you identify which email they came from by looking at the mkt_tok (or any other method)? I am trying to identify which email a person comes from when they fill out our communication preferences form.

William Moudry
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, you can't decode the mkt_tok, if that's what you're asking.

Typically this would be done by attaching a query param to your URL (such as utm_campaign) and then saving that along with the form.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

As Sanford, you can use a trigger to track results.

Alternatively, if you want more consolidated reporting, you can pass a URL parameter for a custom field in the link included in the email. This URL parameter can be stored when form is submitted, and you can use the custom field for tracking.