Re: How can I change a lead's program status after they view a recorded webinar in GoToWebinar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I change a lead's program status after they view a recorded webinar in GoToWebinar?

I would like to keep track of who views a recorded webinar and have their program status change to webinar>attended on-demand.  When people go to view a recorded webinar, they enter in their first name, last name, and email address.  Can this then change their status to attended on-demand?  Or do I have to gate it behind a Marketo form?  
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: How can I change a lead's program status after they view a recorded webinar in GoToWebinar?

Hi Gina!

I believe that as long as GoToWebinar is designated as the webinar program's Event Partner, you shouldn't have to create a separate Marketo form to change their Program Status.  It's been about a year since I last used GTW and Marketo together, and I think some things have changed, so I may be mistaken.

However, if I'm correct, then Marketo should automatically be able to pull in and update the status from GTW.

If it's only saying that people attended (and not attended on-demand), you may want to set up an operational campaign, though, that says something like:

If Program Status was changed to Attended after [the date we did the webinar live], then chance the Program Status to Attended On-Demand.

Not sure if this helps or not, but I hope it does!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the response!  The issue is that attendees who viewed the recorded or on-demand version are not being added to the campaign.  It's also therefore not pushing them in SFDC.

I may have to check with support since I'm not sure if this is a GoToWebinar issue or Marketo issue!

Thanks,
Gina
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Hm... Now that you mention it, I think I had a similar problem, as well.  I vaguely remember exporting the attendees out of GTW and importing them back into Marketo before changing their statuses myself - but I can't remember why.

Keep us updated if you figure out what's going on.  We'll be looking for a provider soon, and although we switched away from GTW at my last company, the price is right.