SOLVED

How can I build a dynamic Upsell Program?

Go to solution
Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Re: How can I build a dynamic Upsell Program?

I have this entire thing built out and it looks great. I absolutely love this program design. I knew what I wanted but even after all these years in Marketo I wasn't sure how to pull it off to account specifically for the "Re-entry" into a program. Such a valuable lesson. I can't thank you enough. But you're not off the hook just yet!! Haha!

Very minor granular questions related to logistics and preferred method.

1. Should I use the same 3 emails with dynamic segmentation OR 3 unique emails for each program? In my mind either way works but wanted to check with you to see what the preferred method would be.

2. Does it matter how I 'Schedule' the batch campaigns for how many times a lead can go through the flow - like 1 every 30 days or every time?

finally, to actually repeat everything all over again, create 1 more single batch campaign that checks for ALL 8 product X nurture completed = true, and flow to change data value for all (8 change data value steps) back to false. These leads will then qualify for the entry batch campaign again

I took a small misstep here. If they are not exhausting the content in the engagement stream any longer and you stated we could reduce the exit smart campaigns I deleted the 'Nurture Completed' (refer to above) campaign for each product. But according to do this I will need to create a way to mark 'Product X Nurture Completed' to TRUE.

Can I just simply add Change Data Value: Product X Nurture Completed = True in the sending flow logic one step prior to "Add to List = 01 Ascension List (up-sell) Nurture List (up-sell)"?

Then in the 02 Exit - Product X Dynamic Up-sell scan for it like this screenshot?

pastedImage_15.png

That should do it, right? That may have been exactly what you meant to begin with.

In the end to recap I have these single SC's:

001 Weekly Batch - Add to Nurture List (Dynamic Up-sell) - Adds to Nurture List.

002 Entry - Product Nurture (Dynamic Up-sell) - Trigger adds to appropriate product static list

003 Reset Loop (Dynamic Up-sell) - Changes Data Value of all 8 Product Nurture Completes from True to False

And these SC's for each of the 8 Product default Programs:

01 Entry - Product X Dynamic Up-sell - Trigger entry into sending flow logic

02 Exit - Product X Dynamic Up-sell - Scans and removes from flow when purchases product or completes nurture

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

1. Should I use the same 3 emails with dynamic segmentation OR 3 unique emails for each program? In my mind either way works but wanted to check with you to see what the preferred method would be.

I'd use unique emails for each, in case I want to add extra emails for specific products but not all products.

2. Does it matter how I 'Schedule' the batch campaigns for how many times a lead can go through the flow - like 1 every 30 days or every time?

Have "once every X days" just to be safe (can be 1 to 30)

Can I just simply add Change Data Value: Product X Nurture Completed = True in the sending flow logic one step prior to "Add to List = 01 Ascension List (up-sell) Nurture List (up-sell)"?

Correct, I missed this. Add the "Change Data Value" above "Add to List" in the sending flow:

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_15.png

I don't recommend it, but you can include the product X nurture completed boolean in the smart list. This is because your flow is "remove from flow" but the lead who would have "product X nurture completed = true" has already finished the flow anyway...

Yes your summary of the smart campaigns is correct. Good luck and happy automation.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Thank you for all of your help. I cannot overstate how helpful you've been and how much I appreciated it!!