SOLVED

How can I best segment my unsubscribes for multiple brands in separate partitions?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I best segment my unsubscribes for multiple brands in separate partitions?

We have multiple business units under one company. How would this be executed? I would want the leads to be available to multiple brands and the leads to be able to have the option of opting out of a particular business unit or from all communications. 

We have separate workspaces and partitions by discipline segment (industry) at this time. We also segment our leads currently by discipline segment which is a field added for Marketo to our Salesforce database as well. However, our discipline segment split can only currently assign one discipline (industry) to a lead -- we need a solution to have lead subscribed to multiple brands that span multiple industries.

What would be the best steps towards adding the customized additional unsubscribe fields? How would I need to communicate this to the Salesforce expert at my company?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I best segment my unsubscribes for multiple brands in separate partitions?

Kate,

This is a fairly complex situation. Here's where to start:
  1. Define the types of communications for each BU or Discipline (since this maps to your WS+LP.
  2. Make these values checkboxes (T/F) or Yes/No/Blank (which I prefer, since a human can read this).
  3. you'll need separate workflows and pages for EACH WS/LP
  4. you'll need to setup separate email templates for each WS/LP
  5. you may be able to get away with using Segmentations and 1 main page, so that you can use the Admin > Email default settings. But i couldn't recommend the details without knowing more about your setup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I best segment my unsubscribes for multiple brands in separate partitions?

Kate,

This is a fairly complex situation. Here's where to start:
  1. Define the types of communications for each BU or Discipline (since this maps to your WS+LP.
  2. Make these values checkboxes (T/F) or Yes/No/Blank (which I prefer, since a human can read this).
  3. you'll need separate workflows and pages for EACH WS/LP
  4. you'll need to setup separate email templates for each WS/LP
  5. you may be able to get away with using Segmentations and 1 main page, so that you can use the Admin > Email default settings. But i couldn't recommend the details without knowing more about your setup.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh!