How can I always show two fields together on my forms, regardless of progressive profiling rules?

Carly_Stevens2
Level 2

How can I always show two fields together on my forms, regardless of progressive profiling rules?

I have progressive profiling on my forms, the only field which sits outside of this, is 'Business Email Address'. We're showing 2 blank fields each time in addition. We have an 'Industry' and a dependent 'Sub-category Industry' field which, based on a value selected in 'Industry', we want to show 'Sub-Category' too. There is a chance, due to our progressive profiling (show blank fields) rules, that we'll only display 'Industry' and not the 'Sub-Category Industry'. We tested this and saw this happening, then when someone returns, they won't see the 'Sub-Category' Industry field... It's just like it's been skipped.

I am sure others must have similar challenges. Does anyone know how we could work around this so that these two fields always display together, even if it means an extra field on one return to a form? We could up the number of blank fields shown, but the information we have filled in for each person will differ, so we might still not display the two fields together.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I always show two fields together on my forms, regardless of progressive profiling rules?

You have to put the dependent field (the Sub-Category Industry) outside of the Progressive Profiling block, then reorder it after the ProgPro fields. Search for my posts on reordering from a few years ago.