How can I add another Scoring option?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I add another Scoring option?

I can see in a smart campaign that if I want to change the Score of someone, I need to select which score I want to change. There are two options. I want to create another scoring track that just adds 1 every time they log in. How can I create another Score track or type?

OR - is there another way that I can add 1 incrementally to a field other than score every time a data value changes?

Josh

4 REPLIES 4
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Re: How can I add another Scoring option?

HI Josh,

The field type "score" is the only field type in Marketo which supports calculation. If you want to add +1 to a score - you can either use an existing scoring field for the purpose, or create a new scoring field.

Hope this helps,

Balkar

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Josh, like Balkar mentioned you will want to create a new custom field in Admin for this. You might make the field name something like "Number of Logins" or something similar. Then, each time a person logs in you will do a Change Score flow step to +1.

Make sure you use +1 and not just 1 because without the + it won't add to the previous score and will always just change the score to 1.

Julz_James
Level 10

Just to add to that, what is being tracked in Marketo when they 'log in'?  You have to make sure that particular activity is being track in marketo to be a able to do the trigger in the smart campaign.

Just a thought.

Julz

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I thought about this as well, but I'm hoping that he has a last login date or something similar that's already populating. He mentioned a data value change, so I'm assuming this is correct!