How Does Marketo Keep Track of & Report on all Touchpoints for Attribution Purposes?

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

How Does Marketo Keep Track of & Report on all Touchpoints for Attribution Purposes?

Hello,

Questions are listed below, but I'm trying to understand how Marketo can assist with valuing a lead:

1. Can Marketo track and report all of the touchpoints that lead to a lead or is it confined to the last touchpoint/interaction? (I'm more interested to know how people are reporting this information since I know the Activity Log will keep a record of a person's journey in Marketo (from start to finish))
  2. Can Marketo report on multi-channel (or tactic) attribution?
    • Not sure if this relates, but how do I determine First-Touch (FT) and Multi-Touch (MT) attribution?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kerlin
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How Does Marketo Keep Track of & Report on all Touchpoints for Attribution Purposes?

Hey Tom,

1. Marketo can track all touchpoints leading to a lead, but I would strongly recommend having timestamps for your critical things like MQL, SAL, SQL, revenue cycle transitions (if these are different), subscription timestamps, etc. You will need to create these as custom fields, and then create smart campaigns that will populate the values of the fields. Although Marketo natively tracks all touchpoints in the activity log, you don't really want to have to dig through that log of every person to identify when specific things occurred!

2. If you have RCE, it is very simple to report on FT/MT attribution. Without RCE, this will be much more challenging to get at. Do you have RCE or some other reporting/attribution tool?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Does Marketo Keep Track of & Report on all Touchpoints for Attribution Purposes?

I had the same questions - and I DO have RCE - but I do struggle with it to be honest - and I can't find a decent 'how to' guide - so I want to report on attribution - how exactly do you do that in RCE?