Re: How Can I Set Up One Form to Send One of Two Possible Auto Responses?

Chris_Morris1
Level 4

How Can I Set Up One Form to Send One of Two Possible Auto Responses?

I have a form on our website, and part of the form includes a drop down field with three options. If a lead selects drop down option A or B, I want them to receive auto response #1. But if they select drop down option C, I want them to receive auto response #2.

The drop down is populated by a custom string field. The drop down is not mandatory, but I can change the form so it's required, if that helps.

Any information is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Chris,

The best way to do this would be with a choice in your Send Email flow step.  You would have a trigger campaign with a Fills Out Form trigger, and use a Send Email flow step in the flow.  Use the Add Choice button on the top right of the Send Email flow step and say If (drop down field) is A > Send Email 1.  Then add two more choices, If (drop down field) is B > Send Email 1 and If (drop down field) is C > Send Email 2.  The default for the flow step could send a generic response in case they don't choose anything, or you could have the default be Do Nothing.  You could also make the drop down field required.

John

Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Fantastic, thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo supports this beautifully.

Just use send Email flow action and select Add Choice

pastedImage_0.png

In the If dropdown select the value you want to respond to and in corrosponding email dropdown, select the email you want to send to.

There are other ways too but this is simpler

Rajesh

Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Excellent, thank you for your help!