SOLVED

Hide the submit button based on a value in a form

Go to solution
Adele_Grono2
Level 2

Hide the submit button based on a value in a form

Hi there

I would like to hide the button "enter now" if field value = New Zealand.

Have read some other posts on the community for example https://nation.marketo.com/message/121474#comment-121474  apologies I'm having problems solving.

hide submit button based on other values.jpg

I have also visited...

MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Show Submit - JSFiddle

Looking at the CSS where do I enter the name of the field for example "Country and the value in the field, for example "New Zealand"

The aim is when a lead selects the value "New Zealand" the submit or "Enter Now" button should be hidden.

.mktoFormRow[data-wrapper-for="__showSubmit"] .mktoButtonRow,

.mktoFormRow[data-wrapper-for="__showSubmit"] .mktoPlaceholder,

.mktoFormRow[data-wrapper-for="__showSubmit"] .mktoFormCol {

display: none !important;

}

.mktoFormRow[data-wrapper-for="__showSubmit"][data-default-state="false"] .mktoFormCol ~ .mktoButtonRow {

display: inline-block !important;

}

Sorry are you able to assist?  Many thanks 

Sanford Whiteman​   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Hide the submit button based on a value in a form

Hmm, that demo is quite an oldie and I don't think the Fiddle is working anymore. I probably wouldn't do it that way as of 2018, but at the very least here's how it's supposed to work, now in CodePen:

MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Show Submit

That should give you more guidance about how to structure the Visibility Rules, since it actually works!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman

Hmm, that demo is quite an oldie and I don't think the Fiddle is working anymore. I probably wouldn't do it that way as of 2018, but at the very least here's how it's supposed to work, now in CodePen:

MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Show Submit

That should give you more guidance about how to structure the Visibility Rules, since it actually works!

Adele_Grono2
Level 2

Thank you so much

I copied CSS from MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Show Submit into the forms CSS editor. Thanks so again Sanford Whiteman the form looks great.

Sanford CSS solution to hide submit button.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this!! I am trying to do something similar. This CSS works for the most part but I am trying to do it with a custom field.

I am not wanting the submit button to show till they pick one of the following options under, "Why are you contacting us?"

http://www.bkd.com/video-test.htm

I am not sure what the data field would be?

Can anyone help? Sanford WhitemanAdele Grono

SanfordWhiteman

Not sure what you mean by "the data field"... the way this logic is set up is you create Visibility Rules (in Form Editor) that show/hide a Rich Text area based on a Select field.

Then the Submit button's visibility is directly tied to the RT area's visibility.

This allows the JavaScript side to be entirely generic. It doesn't need to know about your Select options at all, not even the name of the Select field.

While the same outcome could be done entirely in JavaScript (and I probably would do it this way in my own work) I was trying to avoid a JS customization task for non-developers.

Taylor_McCarty
Level 4

I just stumbled upon this and it meets a need I currently have regarding GDPR. We are not currently compliant to accept EU citizens, so we have been preventing them from filling out forms in other locations and I need to make this work in a Marketo form as well. However I cannot get the code to work on a simple test page. Can you help Sanford Whiteman​? I believe my issues is either the the JS or I didn't update all the locations to point to my instance and form. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SanfordWhiteman

Please provide your URL and screenshots of your form setup.

Vincent_Paget
Level 1

Hi there, I'm trying to achieve the same thing and have tried implementing your solution but it doesn't seem to be working properly. The submit button is hidden for all values of the select list rather than just for values that are tied to visible rich text fields. 

I realise this post is a couple years old so not sure if there is a new solution for this. Here is my URL https://boardingware01.webflow.io/test-mkto-form

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SanfordWhiteman

Doesn't look like you added the required wrapper Rich Text area. That's why you can see this error in the Console:

2020-06-30 16_53_03-[test] Mkto Form.png

The key to how https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/aGqgqb works (which, again, isn't the way I'd do this now) is there's a Rich Text on the form right above the Submit button, and it has a specific hidden element in it that allows it to be found in JS.

2020-06-30 17_10_21-Lab #0245 - VR _ Conditional Submit Button.png

edmerrick
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman 

I'm, too, struggling with making this work.  I am curious how you would do this now.
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.