SOLVED

Re: Hide Validation Message

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Validation Message

For reason I'd rather not go into, I'm displaying a validation message (in a little red callout) when my form is loaded. Does the API have a method to hide that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks, this get me partway there. It still pops up as soon as I click any field, though.

If you have CSS { display:none !important} on .mktoError, the error will never display.

Yes, I'm auto-submitting a hidden form fill on page load and then displaying the form if it fails to submit. (Also, I'm aware that there are better ways to go about things than submitting a hidden form, so please let's not enter that philosophical discussion).

I don't have a problem with auto-submitting.  It's actually the most scalable way to do a lot of things which people mistakenly attempt to do using the API.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Because your form is attempting to auto-submit on load and has a required field, perhaps?

You can hide the error messages using CSS (.mktoError IIRC), sure. But do you want to hide it *only the first time*?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, this get me partway there. It still pops up as soon as I click any field, though.

Yes, I'm auto-submitting a hidden form fill on page load and then displaying the form if it fails to submit. (Also, I'm aware that there are better ways to go about things than submitting a hidden form, so please let's not enter that philosophical discussion).

SanfordWhiteman

If you have CSS { display:none !important} on .mktoError, the error will never display.

I don't have a problem with auto-submitting.  It's actually the most scalable way to do a lot of things which people mistakenly attempt to do using the API.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like you.