SOLVED

Re: Hidden Field and Block Updates Question

Go to solution
Taylor_McCarty
Level 4

Hidden Field and Block Updates Question

Will block updates mess with a default value on a hidden field? I have a form that I have a hidden field that is just being populated with a default value. But when I look at any lead that has completed that form, the details show that nothing was captured for that field. So I am confused why no data is being captured on this hidden field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Taylor_McCarty
Level 4

I figured this out. And for anyone interested, the issue was because at some point in the past during testing I had unhidden the field and made it a drop down with several choices. Then I guess when I hid the field, it kept those choices as the only acceptable values, so it wasn't accepting my default value. Hope that made sense.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Taylor_McCarty
Level 4

I figured this out. And for anyone interested, the issue was because at some point in the past during testing I had unhidden the field and made it a drop down with several choices. Then I guess when I hid the field, it kept those choices as the only acceptable values, so it wasn't accepting my default value. Hope that made sense.