Re: Hidden Boolean Field Set As True - Not Working

Ian_Michels7
Level 1

Hidden Boolean Field Set As True - Not Working

I am working on a compliance program where everyone will run through a double-opt-in once they submit a form.  Upon each form submission the Opt-In Request will be marked as true. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.18.19 AM.png

After each form submission the Opt-In request does not get set to "TRUE" 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.17.13 AM.png

Here is the summary on the field set up. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.22.39 AM.png

Any reason why this hidden boolean value is not being set to true?

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Check the field "Opt-In Request" in the "Field Management" section of Admin. Verify that updates to the fields are not blocked by "form fillout".

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In addition to following Darshil's suggestion, when you're troubleshooting form submissions the most critical ingredient is the Activity Log Detail for the Filled Out Form activity.

The detail shows all of the values that are submitted (whether they were written to the database, blocked due to Admin settings, or already set with the same value).

And one other little thing just for terminology: the value of a Boolean field within the Marketo database should be thought of as one of the Boolean keywords true or false, as opposed to a quoted string (in the Activity Log UI, Booleans are denoted in brackets, [true] or [false]to emphasize the distinction from strings).

Ian_Michels7
Level 1

Thank you Sanford, appreciate the additional insight.  It turns out that I was focusing too much on the form and not enough on where the form was living. Once I approved the Marketo Landing Page everything fired as expected.  Always appreciate your post. 

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah, for debugging as Sanford said, look for lead activity form fillout as shown below:

FADDE46E-46A5-4577-965C-C77D995F1E3F.jpeg

46491CC4-8645-40F6-8B5D-016735B689AD.jpeg

Ian_Michels7
Level 1

Thank you Darshil, appreciate the response and screen shots.  Very helpful in me troubleshooting.  It turns out that I was focusing too much on the form and not enough on where the form was living. Once I approved the Marketo Landing Page everything fired as expected.  Again, thank you! 

Darshil_Shah1

Great to hear that we could help you, yeah for the Landing Pages unless you don’t  approve/re-approve it, the changes made in the  form, lp template do not reflect!

Also one humble request to accept the solution, so that the question could be marked as solved.

Thanks!