Re: Help with .ics token Span tag styling(removing underline)

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Help with .ics token Span tag styling(removing underline)

Hey,

Was having an interesting challenge where I noticed the token I am leveraging for an .ics calendar invite auto-generates an underline.  I tried throwing in a text-decoration:none and realized that wasn't going to work.

From the calendar token --

<span style="margin: 0; margin-bottom: 0; color: #fcb316; text-decoration: none; font-family: Proxima Nova,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 56px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 100; line-height: 1.125; padding: 0; text-align: left; white-space: normal!important; width: 100%; word-break: keep-all; word-wrap: normal;">Save the Date</span>

pastedImage_0.png

What would be the best way to remove the underline?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Navtej,

Is the "text-decoration:none" included in the <a> tag?

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Yeah, I think this is the auto-generated a tag from the token.  I don't see a way to alter that tag directly and add it there.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

That is strange. Were you hard-coding, or using the insert token in the Editor?

These two resources might help:

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Re: Help with .ics token Span tag  styling(removing underline)

Yeah, I think it's just the default setting.  There might be a way to work around it but it doesn't seem to be very straightforward since this is part of the code that Marketo injects at render.  I just switched this over to a google calendar link.

Kate_Goldsmith
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nav,

I am also experiencing this problem when trying to create a CTA button that links to the .ics file. I just want it to appear in white without the auto hyperlink styling.

Do you have any ideas on how to remove this?

Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

Jace_Garside1
Level 2

Have you been able to find a way to format that token generated link?  I'm curious how you got the font color to change!