Re: Help with drip campaign = remove from list / remove from flow / keep adding new people to the program

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Help with drip campaign = remove from list / remove from flow / keep adding new people to the program

Question:

1. What is the difference between "remove from list" or "remove from flow"

2. I have a campaign drip campaign and i have 3 groups.....

Group 1 gets 8 emails each tuesday

Group 2 gets 8 emails each wednesday and so on.

I want to do a few things....each group will be a separate program.......and a list will be uploaded to each program

1. I want to remove people from this list / program

2. I want to keep the people who "did not unsubscribe" and have seen all the emails 1 - 8 and then restart with email 1

3. I want to add new people to this program so they start getting emails "next tuesday" and start from email 1 till they reach email 8.

Who can help me answer this?

pastedImage_0.png

12 REPLIES 12
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: Help with drip campaign = remove from list / remove from flow / keep adding new people to the program

Difference Between Static List and Remove from Flow:

Remove from list will remove the lead from the static list whereas remove from flow will remove the lead from the campaign flow of the current campaign/other campaign depending upon you goal criteria.

People who have unsubscribed will not be sent email and are blocked from mailing.

If you are not using engagement program you can add new people to the campaign by adding people to a static list and use that list as a trigger in the smart campaign, that says:

"Added to list - A" Request campaign.

You can create a separate list of who have been sent all the 8 people but have not unsubscribed which can be reused at a later stage.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for the reply. I want to know if I have a list of new people can I add them back to the program...

The program maybe already running and these new people will be added to receive email 1. \

Should I make this an engagement program not default program?

Also, emails will be fired around 8 - every Tuesday for group 1 and every Wednesday for group 2.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

If you are not using Engagement program, you can create two trigger campaigns 1 for Tuesday group and 1 for Wednesday Group.

In Smartlist logic you can use:

Trigger " Added to list Tuesday", not member of static list "Wednesday ( to avoid sending multiple emails)

Flow:Send email 1 wait 7 days send email 2 and so on,

SImilarly, you can do it for your wednesday group.

The Added to list trigger will qualify the leads to whom you want to send the email as soon as you add them to the "Tuesday/Wednesday" list.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

I created a test engagement program and added 8 people in a static list.

Once engagement program was made. I created 3 emails. All emails were added to the engagement program.... it was added as below:

I set up the cadence for same day in interval of 2 hours.

Stream 1 Stream 2 Stream 3

Monday 11:00 am Monday - 2:00 pm Monday - 4:00 pm

Email 1 Email 2 EMail 3

So this was the engagement stream.

Now, I added in the smart campaigns too:

Smart Campaign 1: Add to engagement program - List: Member of list......OR member of program - true then is "program xxx" (Any filters). Flow: Add to engagement stream - Stream 1

2. Smart Campaign 2: change engagement stream - > list: member of list OR member of program - true then is "program yyy" (any filters). Flow "change program engagement.....stream 2"

3. Smart campaign 3: change engagement stream -> list: member of list OR member of program - true then "program tttt" (any filters), FLow: "change program engagement ....stream 3"

When i used these two in the "smart list" section rules as above.....all the people were added to the engagement program.

I only put in the smart campaign to send email to only this static list....but it sent to everyone who were added by mistake to the Engagement program.

I turned of the Marketo engagement program too. I tried to unapprove emails.....Marketo keeps showing error "can't unapprove".

We have complained to Marketo.

What did I do wrong if I used "member of program - status "true" " ??????

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

How can people added to the engagement stream and then using smart campaign to "Add to engagement stream - stream 1"... added those 8 people into the stream 1...to send email 1......

Still everyone received it - around 30000 people.

Next smart campaign: counted those 8 people and showed in the results part in the engagement stream.

WEIRD how Marketo makes mistakes...

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Nimisha,

Using same smart list with "OR" filter made them qualified for all the three streams. Here, you are creating the smart list to qualify all the leads who are member of smart list or member of program A.

Now the qualifying leads will be Member of the list + Member of program. This will be same for all the streams.

To unapprove the emails you can have a look at following thread:Deactivating & Editing Emails on an active Nurture Campaigns

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

No, they got just email 1 that was added in stream 1.

I never added these people.....even if they were added by accident....why was email 1 sent to those...people....I only scheduled for the 8 people in the list.

Even smart campaign said "Member of list" flow: "send to stream 1"

Why will everyone in this engagement program get email 1?

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

This is really weird that Marketo sent email to all the people that were added maybe by mistake.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

How to remove people from the engagement stream?