Re: Help with Webhook for Anonymous sync w/ SFDC import

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't really need to have inbound SSL on Nginx at all, I mean obviously it's better to secure the traffic between Marketo and your proxy but Marketo will happily connect over plain http:.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Oh wow, I didn't see your Friday response until now (Monday afternoon). 

That's good to know.  I'm still having a concern though.  I think I'm getting a 404 with a passed through POST as well, both by sending through my proxy, and by trying to post to my node directly through curl:

curl -X POST https://app-myNode.marketo.com/index.php/leadCapture/save

I hope I'm missing something obvious here.  The curl returns the 404 page, and the activity log shows a 404 return when I direct the webhook through my proxy.

SanfordWhiteman

Positive you have munchkinId correct? Error there throws a 404. Pretty sure there's something fundamentally wrong w/your request.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

I'm very relieved to hear you say that!  I very much want this to work.  Thanks for sticking with me in this process.  I'll follow up in a bit.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

There is likely a problem here, as currently I am entering the entire cookie value with an unescaped ampersand before the token part, which is going to mess up the post data.

What should go in that field?  The id, the token, or both connected with an escaped ampersand?  Or something else?  I can't find documentation on this.

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Ok, good news and bad news.

Good news, I changed the value in the munchkinId field to be just the id value, and for the first time there was a call to the form in the activity log and a 302 return.  Hurray!

Bad news is, I'm confused about how the sfdc imported lead and anonymous lead get associated without specifying the cookie token information in the webhook payload.  

SanfordWhiteman

You have to pass the URL-encoded Munchkin cookie value as the _mkt_trk form field. That originally comes from the _mkto_trk cookie value (note the cookie name has an extra "o" that the form field does not).

David_Kaplan
Level 2

Thank you Sanford!  I can see light at the end of this tunnel!  I need to do some more testing to confirm it's working.  I also need to look into updating the cookie values I've stored, because I didn't store them urlencoded.  I'll update here after all is working.