Re: Help with Vidyard Setup in Marketo - Custom Activity Not Triggering

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Help with Vidyard Setup in Marketo - Custom Activity Not Triggering

Hi everyone:

Vidyard and I have not been able to figure out why our Marketo integration is not working as expected.

For all of you who use Vidyard, please let me know if you have any ideas on what could be happening:

First, we've confirmed the Marketo-Vidyard integration is properly set up. Second, we've confirmed the Custom Activities that need to be set up in Marketo in order to log Vidyard viewing activity in our lead database profiles are also properly set up.

The page we are using for testing is a Vidyard hosted video sharing/landing page with our Marketo Munchkin Code applied.

When we test, only one of the two custom activities are triggering:

1) Vidyard Lead Conversion: This is being logged as expected

2) Watches Vidyard Video: This is not being logged at all

Here is a link on Vidyard's instructions on how to set them up: https://knowledge.vidyard.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009990473-Set-up-Vidyard-for-Marketo-integration-...

Here are screenshots from our instance:

Lead Conversion:

S1.PNG

Watches Video:

S2.PNGS3.PNG

Here is what we're getting in our instance:

S4.PNG

Here is the end goal:

Alexis_Shamsi_H_0-1585511057432.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This integration is entirely external - Vidyard initiates inbound connections to the Marketo API.

And given that one of the CAs works, your API user must have the correct permissions; the API names of the fields appear correct. I would open a case on the Vidyard side, as Marketo doesn't have any direct control over what the API user does or doesn't write.

KamillaHeap
Level 1

Hi Alexis,

We had a similar issue with our integration - it passed video view information as expected when a video was embedded on a Marketo page or was stored in one of our separate video hubs, but it wasn't passed when a Marketo form was embedded directly on a Vidyard video (from our share page).

We've just been through several rounds of Vidyard support and they've made some changes to the integration on their end which has solved the problem for us. 

It sounds like they've amended their whole integration, not just ours, so might be worth you doing some testing again now to see if your problem has been solved with the fix? 

Let me know how it goes!

Kamilla