Help: is my engagement program too complex?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help: is my engagement program too complex?

Hi,

I'm building an engagement program that seems way more complex than it should be, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not missing something?

For context, here's what I'm trying to achieve:

pastedImage_0.png

3 audiences are served different messaging/assets, with Early Stage and Mid Stage "streams". So far so good. The reason I'm separating early and mid stages is because I'd like to transition leads from one to the other when they engage in early stage (so if they click ES email 2, they skip the rest and go straight into MS). However if leads exhaust ES, I'll push them anyway to MS, so I'm wondering if there isn't a better way by putting all ES and MS emails into the same stream, and skipping ES emails when leads engage? If so how to build that "skip" flow in a simple manner?

Add to that localisation (the emails will need to go out in 2 languages), and I ended up with a combination of streams, several engagement programs and nested programs.

My current set up:

• 3 engagement programs (1 per audience)
  • 4 streams (1 per stage and per language)

pastedImage_5.png

Other options I can imagine:

• 1 engagement program
  • 6 streams (1 per audience per language, mixing ES and MS into one stream)

OR

• 2 engagement programs (1 per language)
  • 3 streams (1 per audience, mixing ES and MS into one stream)

OR

• 2 engagement programs (1 per language)
  • 6 streams (1 per audience and per stage)

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Help: is my engagement program too complex?

Could also do 3 streams, Language Segmentation w/ Dynamic Content.

You should use Smart Campaigns to push people between Streams based on whatever criteria.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Josh Hill !

So here's what I came up with as a draft structure:

pastedImage_0.png

I'm using exclusion batches to "skip" emails based on their engagement with the asset and/or with previous emails.

I have a few questions on the Exclusions:

1. Can I use url tokens in "visited web page" triggers?
  2. Would the Exclusion logic below work with a smart list calling all members that have a success status in Early Stage programs?

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you again for your help!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jennifer - unfortunately, you cannot use tokens with triggers/filters in smart lists of smart campaigns.