SOLVED

Re: Help! Tokens for Product Specific Scoring

Go to solution
Becky_Schroeder
Level 2

Help! Tokens for Product Specific Scoring

I'm setting up our scoring programs to score specific product interest. I created one program using tokens and then have been cloning the program for our other products.

I've been changing the score field to the specific product score field after I clone (along with changing the campaigns, web pages, etc). But should I also be changing the tokens to be product specific? Does using the same token for all my scoring programs matter?

For example, I'm using the token {{my.Web - Views Case Study}} right now in 3 programs (total of 6 when I'm done). Do I need to make it product specific - something like {{my.Web - IWB Views Case Study}} - so that token only works for that product?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Becky,

When you use the score tokens you are going to append them with the {{my.}} which means it will only look for programs tokens that house that specific smart campaign. So even if the tokens have the same name "{{my.Web - Views Case Study}}", it will only use the value for the token in that smart campaign's parent program. From an operations standpoint, the tokens will work with the same name, but if you'd like to avoid confusion, you can rename them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Becky,

When you use the score tokens you are going to append them with the {{my.}} which means it will only look for programs tokens that house that specific smart campaign. So even if the tokens have the same name "{{my.Web - Views Case Study}}", it will only use the value for the token in that smart campaign's parent program. From an operations standpoint, the tokens will work with the same name, but if you'd like to avoid confusion, you can rename them.

Becky_Schroeder
Level 2

I thought that was the case but didn't want to assume. Thanks Devraj!