SOLVED

Re: Help Needed - Restricting Users From Editing/Updating Parent Program/Template

Go to solution
Anil_Tamta
Level 1

Help Needed - Restricting Users From Editing/Updating Parent Program/Template

Hi All,

I work with a digital marketing organization and provide automation & marketing solutions to our clients. We have created a set of programs (main/master programs) which are leveraged/cloned to setup a new program basis client's requirement. These main/master programs have tokenized structure for creating landing pages, emails, smart campaigns etc. and these tokens have default values assigned to them. At times while working on a client's project, our team accidentally edits/updates the main/master programs which takes a lot to fix and at the same time, impacts on the delivery of projects.

Is there a workaround to limit editing rights for these main/master programs for the users or in other words, can we set these main/master programs as read-only (cloneable) to mitigate this situation. We want to have editing rights enabled to a few users only not the the entire team. Please suggest if there's a solution within Marketo to tackle with our problem.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salytics
Level 3

Re: Help Needed - Restricting Users From Editing/Updating Parent Program/Template

Hi Anil,

I would recommend looking into implementing a Center of Excellence (CoE). You could create a workspace specifically for cloning programs. Additionally, you could update the user roles based on their workspace membership to prevent them from editing your master programs and templates.

See the documentation here for more details:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Anil,

I work with multiple clients in multiple instances as well and have come across this frustration more than once too. At the moment there is no way to treat user rights for these programs any different than other programs, but the ability to flag a program as a template and manage these privileges separately in the role set up does make sense.

For some reason I think I have seen an idea registered along the same lines recently, but I think that is where this topic should be listed indeed.

Kind regards,
Katja

Salytics
Level 3

Hi Anil,

I would recommend looking into implementing a Center of Excellence (CoE). You could create a workspace specifically for cloning programs. Additionally, you could update the user roles based on their workspace membership to prevent them from editing your master programs and templates.

See the documentation here for more details:

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Clever combination of features for instances with workspaces and partitions enabled.