Help: How do I add fields after sync with Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help: How do I add fields after sync with Salesforce?

This may be a newbie question... But now that I connected my instance to Salesforce, when I go to Admin --> Field Management it is somehow permanently stuck on the Field Mapping tab. The sub-tabs are Finish Mappins, Reset Schema and Break Mapping. But how do I add a custom field to Marketo? Do I need to unlink Salesforce somehow?

Help! thank you in advance,

- dmitry
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Help: How do I add fields after sync with Salesforce?

Hey Dmitry,

You have two options for creating new custom fields.  If you need the field to be synched with SFDC, you'll need to create these on the SFDC side by creating them on  both Lead and Contact objects with the same friendly name and API name.  These will then appear in MArketo after the next sync cycle completes.  If you do not need these in SFDC, you can simply go to Admin>Field Management>Create Custom Field.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Kenny... but as I said - it is stuck on the Step 3: "Field Mapping tab" and I do NOT see Create Custom Field (see picture attache). It appears to be stuck mid-configuration of Salesforce. How do I unlink Salesforce?!0EM50000000RYFb.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dmitry,

I'm new with Marketo and I have the same problem. How did you fix the problem? Your answer would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Michaela