SOLVED

Re: Hello, looking for information on automating the data import process?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, looking for information on automating the data import process? 

Any and all information or tips would be very helpful!   Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some items to look at:

Data Quality Bootcamp presentation - 3/17/15  written by Elliott Lowe​ one of our Champions.

How To Import a Static List into Marketo - Elixiter, Inc. Elixiter is one of our Launchpoint Partners

Getting Data into Marketo written by Murtza Manzur​ (former employee)

database - What is a good automated data import method for SQL Server? - Stack Overflow Nice write up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott, I’ll definitely check these items out. Appreciate your help! I currently handle the imports, but we want to automate this process however, we have so many different products and unique fields for our products.

Trinity

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are many ways to optimize, but the few tricks that work for me are always sticking to a consistent template and using field aliases so Marketo understands which fields go to which database fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Charlie.   We do stick to a consistent template, rather multiple templates based on our different product offerings and all the unique alias fields that correspond.   However, this process can be cumbersome and we're trying to look for ways to cut down on our import processes.   We may or may not be able to.    I did read somewhere on Community that the import process using CSV files could be more automated using the API development side.  I am interested in diving into deeper understanding of this or perhaps I'm reading into something.