Re: Have a Seeded Address get every instance of a dynamic email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a Seeded Address get every instance of a dynamic email?

I have am sending multiple versions of our emails, version a to segment a, version b to segment b - all within the same template.

It has been requested from higher ups that they see every version of the email, not just the version a or whatever segment that they fall into from the seed list, is it possible to make sure that they get every version short of coding each email by hand?

Kirk
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Kirk

We done a fair bit of thinking about really similar stuff to the above, and I don't think it's possible. Marketo dedupes email addresses at the send stage, so you can't send multiple emails to the same email address from within a single email program or smart campaign.

So what can you do?

1. Give them access to view emails in Marketo so they can "preview" the email themselves, and check the segments.
2. Create different email programs for each one - basically, the extras are dummys that are only sent to your internal seed list.
3. Send test emails using leads that fall into different segmentations. Still time consuming, but at least you don't need additional programs.
4. Create a smart campaign that send them the email, modifies the field that controls the segmentation, then the next step sends the same email, then change the field again to the next value, send the email again, and so on.

None of these are ideal, I know...but I think those are your options. Good luck!

Phil
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Why don't you just send them a sample of each version? That way they have a copy of all the different versions that went out.

If the send is used as a notification to them that the email went out, then you can explain that they will get their own personalised version as confirmation, but at least they will already have been sent a sample copy for their records before the send goes out.

Natali
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would also push to be able to send them a sample copy of each variation. That should be easy enough and would satisfy the requirements hopefully. 

Justin Norris | Perkuto