Has anyone used Blackthorn Event tool with their SFDC and Marketo platforms?

Adam_Hammett1
Level 1

Has anyone used Blackthorn Event tool with their SFDC and Marketo platforms?

Hello everyone,

My company is integrating Marketo and Salesforce and we are in our event tool research phase. Our consulting firm mentioned Blackthorn Events. My understanding is by using Blackthorn you will need to integrate it with Salesforce then move data over to Marketo. If that is correct it essentially makes Marketo just an email send tool.

Has anyone used Blackthorn Events and if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Britney_Young1
Level 3 - Champion

Re: Has anyone used Blackthorn Event tool with their SFDC and Marketo platforms?

I haven't used that particular event tool, but I've used others and to integrate with Marketo the best way is to leverage the Marketo API and that event tools API and map which fields you want to push data from the event tool to Marketo. You would have a program that houses the smart campaigns to change the statuses (Invited, Registered, etc.)  and the static lists to add people to once they register. You could use the "Person is pushed to Marketo" trigger so all of the fields you mapped from the event tool will be pushed to Marketo and then in your flow you can send them emails, change their status, add to list, etc. Those same fields will then push that data to Salesforce provided your Salesforce instance is synced and those fields are mapped accordingly.