Re: Has anyone successfully managed to track video starts and finishes?

Kennedy_Weible
Level 2

May I ask, what are you using here to see this?

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

May I ask, what are you using here to see this?

That's Firefox Developer Tools' Network tab but any browser has an equivalent feature.

Kennedy_Weible
Level 2

My query parameters do not come back into the Activity Log "video=finished" or "video=started" like the code is requesting. They come back like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Which will, in fact, work in a Smartlist if I paste it into the Querystring constraint on the filter. It will return this individual person. This is the full QP that comes back in the Activity Report:

mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWWpRelpHUTJNVGcxWmpNMCIsInQiOiI5K0dWV2l4SHllOUJPS2tDeFl1SmxcLzBxQ0RRc3B2aVlJQXdVZmJKRTNmS0NmTVZSRUFoSFp0UVU3ZUpTYkFBa0w3Q3V1MmNMK1hcL1FQNGQrdytzREpsalU1Qmc4M3ZwM01oQytVdXA0ZzQ5NFZCcFwvTHNVQnhEdjV3ZjhBOGZ5OCJ9

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's not the video event.

The video event won't include the mkt_tok. Only the main document's Visit Web Page event has the mkt_tok in the URL. The synthetic Visit Web Page events for videos are separate entries in the Activity Log.

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

We're looking in to a Wistia subscription to make tracking of video plays easier. Integrates with Marketo...seems to have a lot of nice analytics AND can embed Marketo forms into videos

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have Wistia and are happy with it. We're using our video views in our lead scoring. So far we haven't used the forms with the videos but that is just because of the way we are using our videos.  We do also send links to our webinar recordings to our webinar no shows. The Wistia smartlist choices let us keep that ungated for them and if they watch later we can convert their status to watched on-demand and respond.