Has anyone started using the Cvent / Marketo integration yet?

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Has anyone started using the Cvent / Marketo integration yet?

I was curious as to:

1. How well it is working for you.
2. Were you able to negotiate the license fee with Cvent?
3. How helpful were they in helping with the setup?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone started using the Cvent / Marketo integration yet?

We reviewed it with Cvent, but decided not to use it. One big miss is they don't give you the ability to trigger actions based on the registrant type. For us, that's huge, because we have two separate audiences, and we only message to one via Marketo, so if someone from the other audience registers for an event, we don't want to sync them over to Marketo.

Also, I kinda wish the integration would've been more like the GTW or Webex integration so we could control the form, landing page, etc. I'm sure it's tough in terms of the payment collection process, though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Drew - I just wanted to ask, what are the two types of registrants that you guys have and why would you opt out of messaging someone after they registered for your event?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danny, we're in a unique situation where we have two wholly distinct audiences. Imagine Mint.com or HomeAway, who have an audience of users who are provided with a free service, and then an audience of B2B professionals who are provided with a paid service to reach that audience. We have events where members of both audiences attend, but my marketing team is only responsible for communicating with one of the audiences. Even if we had responsiblity for both, though, we'd want to communicate with registrants differently based on their audience, and Cvent's integration with Marketo doesn't currently allow for that. It's a small feature, but unfortunately a deal breaker for us.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Drew - love the feedback on the Cvent>Marketo integration.  I'm part of the Cvent Marketing team, and we worked very closely with Technology to define the requirements.  Agree with you that the feature set was lightweight to begin with, but we are releasing an update this month, and several additional pushes are planned through the end of the year.  I believe reg type is on the list.

Have you been able to communicate your feedback to our product management team?  I'd love for them to hear from our users directly.  Hit me up directly at KevinY (at) cvent (dot) com if you're interested on jumping on a call/giving them a piece of your mind 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kevin, thanks for responding here. I actually have communicated this feedback to our account manager, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing future releases that support things like reg type.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have just purchased Cvent. Just getting started on the integration so will post feedback soon.
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting as well.  I am definitely interested in learning more about triggering based on registrant type - we may be using that as well. 

We just had the integration added to our agreement and it is working fairly well (Drew - I am using segmentations in Marketo to opt out the sync for my org... that could be an option for you).  I would like some more information about the data synch options and how they would apply.  It appears that the only wholesale synch is from Cvent --> Marketo which concerns me a little at this point.  The synch from Marketo --> Cvent appears to be on an event-by-event basis and the only search option available is a Marketo list.  

Additionally, how would we synch up our Munchkin to the Cvent event pages so we can track page views for scoring?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris, I sent your note to your Account Manager, Matt, to get in touch and help you get some answers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
We are looking into the Cvent Marketo Integration. Can someone share your experiences, please? Any issues?

I also have couple questions:

1.  Do you create a new event in Cvent or in Marekto?
2.  How do you sync the event detail between Cvent and Marketo?

Thanks