Has anyone embedded a Form 2.0 on an Epi Server page?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Has anyone embedded a Form 2.0 on an Epi Server page?

@Jessie,

In other terms: not using the Marketo Server APIs (SOAP or REST) on the client side, thus exposing your API credentials to the whole world, enabling any half skilled hacker to use them to1/ access your data and 2/ saturate your API, which daily number of calls is limited.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Turn off all Epi-supplied integration with Marketo. It is a time bomb, a gaping Denial of Service vulnerability. If you can afford to use Epi, you want enterprise reliability, and their integration is a clown show.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Hi Jessie,

We use Epi forms to capture our lead submissions on our websites. We have been following up with Epi to get the pre-fill working. We now have pre-fill functionality(without progressive profiling) on our Epi-forms.

I would suggest you to reach out to Epi to get more info regarding this.

Thanks,

vineela.

SanfordWhiteman

The method you're referring to opens a gaping Denial of Service vulnerability. I've said it before: Epi knows nothing about Marketo. They are endangering the welfare of your instance, which is not acceptable.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Hi Sanford,

I will convey this to our IT team but it would be great if i could be able to justify this in a better way as i am sure they would come back to me asking for more info on how it would endanger our instance as suggested.

Thanks,

vineela.

SanfordWhiteman

It's not hard for them to understand.

Any anonymous session is using an API call. You have a fixed and very low number of API calls per day relative to the number of sessions an amateur "hacker" (I hate to even use that term) can open. In 1/2 hour, the pre-fill feature will be down for everyone, and all your other API integrations will be broken as well.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Thanks Sanford.

I can atleast start a conversation with this.

Thanks,

vineela.

marija_Milanova
Level 2

Does anyone know if this has been improved by now? We are in a similar situation where we would like to use embedded forms in Epi. I would appreciate your feedback and common do's and don'ts

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing has changed with the Epi "connector."

You can of course embed Marketo forms using the Forms 2.0 embed code.

marija_Milanova
Level 2

We are not planning to use the connector. I was wondering if anyone has experience with a coded template, where we can insert the Marketo embed code, and how does it work so far (for those who have tried)