Re: Hard Coded Landing Page - code being stripped out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Coded Landing Page - code being stripped out

Hello There,

I have a landing page that I hard coded and would like to use Marketo to host the page. I added it as a template, and then created the landing page using the template. The page looks great in all browsers and devices - except for IE. To see if it was a landing page error or a Marketo error - I viewed the html file in IE (not the Marketo hosted version but the actual file) and it looks great so it would appear something is happening on the Marketo side.
Has anyone had this experience before? Is the code that automatically inserts itself once you approve the template in Marketo throwing the code off when viewing it in IE?

The Marketo hosted page is here: http://transform.ca.com/PAM-testing.html

The actual html file is here: http://transform.ca.com/rs/117-QWV-692/images/test.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sounds like a question for Sanford Whiteman​. But I bet he's responded to this issue before.

Do you have a developer who can take a look? Older versions of IE aren't supported by Marketo's code anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly no I don't have handy access to a developer. The page looks great on all devices and browsers except for IE for Windows XP...and only when viewed through Marketo's template/page. When viewing the html in IE for Windows XP directly it views fine. But when I view the Marketo hosted version in the same browser, It appears as though it's not recognizing the CSS in the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further to Josh's point, it sounds like this is more of a compatibility issue than it is a Marketo one. Those particular versions of IE and Windows are deprecated and are no longer supported by a vast sum of today's tech, not just Marketo. However, being deprecated also means that the number of users with those versions should be fairly low, so you should expect users affected by this issue to be few and far between.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When viewing the html in IE for Windows XP directly it views fine.

Does it though?

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help on this. I ended up grabbing some IE specific Javascript from one of the Marketo Guided templates, through it in mine and it ended up fixing it for IE.