Re: HELP! engagement program design question!

Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

HELP! engagement program design question!

Hi i have started planning the design for an engagement nurture program, i am looking for someone to peer review it and tell me things which i have missed or things i need to think about. 

It is a simple engagement with three steams - top, middle and bottom of the funnel.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Is there a better way to design engagement programs?

Thanks

Michael 

3 REPLIES 3
J_Grant_Gray
Level 4

Overall looks good.

I would suggest breaking apart the stages into different nurtures if:

• you are measuring each stage on different goals
  • you will be testing each stage
  • possibility of the definitions of the stages changes over time

Over time, doing the above in one program becomes crowded and messy even when done well. Think of what this will look like 3 years from now. I find building small components that connect are easier to manipulate and change without disrupting the other stages and you can measure success on each stage separately for deeper/easier comparisons.

Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Thanks very much for your reply.

So stage 1 would be a nurture program in its own right (so would 2 and 3?) how would people transition from one engagement program to the next as opposed to transitioning to streams.

Is there a requirement for every stage if someone exhausts or doesn't engage with the nurture that they are added to a recycle or keep in touch nurture? (In essence having a second stream to every main stream) or is it best practice if someone doesn't engage with the stream to leave them be)

Sorry for all the questions

J_Grant_Gray
Level 4

Yes, each stage would be a nurture. The same transition rules moving them to the next stream would add them to the next nurture. I use an exit stream (no content) and change their status to Inactive. Remember to leave people in the nurture to keep their data.

Your current framework is good, so there might not be a need for changing direction. Once you have data and see it in action, you'll be better informed on how you might alter it moving forward. There's so many ways of doing something, build to your outcomes and how you'll best be able to report on them.