Re: HELP! Triggering a Follow-Up Email from clicking link in different email

Benjamin_Cargil
Level 1

HELP! Triggering a Follow-Up Email from clicking link in different email

I don't know what I'm missing. This should be very simple.

I have set up a standard email program containing a link to a web page. If the recipient clicks the link in the email, I want to trigger a follow-up email to be sent the following day. It seems like the follow up email would be as simple as:

Smartlist - "Trigger" Clicks Link in Email (email is [previous email containing the link]). Then, "Flow" (1) Wait [duration], (2) Send Email (email is [follow-up email])

When I send a test email from the initial campaign, and click the link, I do not receive a follow up email. For testing purposes, I set the wait time at 1 minute.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​. This isn't a support space (Move link will be at the right).

SanfordWhiteman

When building unfamiliar trigger campaigns, always start with the past Activity Log of a lead (test lead or real lead) that models what you want to capture.

Look for the Clicks Link in Email activity in the ActLog and mirror its parameters.

You can show us a screenshots of a model ActLog entry (the details popup) and your campaign's Smart List, Flow, and Setup tabs.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Additionally, this runs better as a daily batch. There isn't a need to trigger this if you are going to wait until the next day.

SanfordWhiteman

Not really commenting on the choice of trigger or batch, just how to set it up...