SOLVED

HELP NEEDED! How do I apply Rich-Text editor to a template module?

Go to solution
Steven_Rugg1
Level 2

HELP NEEDED! How do I apply Rich-Text editor to a template module?

Hi Everybody,

I am looking to add a WYSIWYG Rich-Text editor to a module built in a template. Right now it's setup to add straight text but it does not give me an option to open up the rich-text editor so that I can include paragraph breaks, bold, italicize within the module. My dev team was able to figure out how to add an "HTML" option where it could be coded out but wasn't able to figure out how to include a WYSIWYG editor. This is for a client that isn't capable of coding on their own and will need the html editor. Is this possible??

Sanford Whiteman‌, are you able to help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: HELP NEEDED! How do I apply Rich-Text editor to a template module?

Hey Steven,

Would be helpful if you could clarify in your post whether you're talking about email or landing page templates next time.

Either way, you can find all the information required to enable this functionality in Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation, or Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation - you're looking for rich text functionality as detailed in both of those docs. 

Would recommend that your dev team read the syntax documentation through either way to understand what functionality is available - Marketo's syntax is pretty simple to understand and to implement, and is also pretty well documented - a quick google search makes finding this info very easy. If your dev team weren't able to figure out how to make a rich text editable section, there's likely a lot of other helpful information in the docs that they have also missed - and therefore a lot of useful in-editor functionality they haven't enabled.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Steven,

Would be helpful if you could clarify in your post whether you're talking about email or landing page templates next time.

Either way, you can find all the information required to enable this functionality in Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation, or Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation - you're looking for rich text functionality as detailed in both of those docs. 

Would recommend that your dev team read the syntax documentation through either way to understand what functionality is available - Marketo's syntax is pretty simple to understand and to implement, and is also pretty well documented - a quick google search makes finding this info very easy. If your dev team weren't able to figure out how to make a rich text editable section, there's likely a lot of other helpful information in the docs that they have also missed - and therefore a lot of useful in-editor functionality they haven't enabled.

Steven_Rugg1
Level 2

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help!