SOLVED

Re: Google Data Studio

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Google Data Studio

Has anyone out there connected their Marketo instance to Google Data Studio?  What are you using for the integration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I've had some good success using Zapier to do this. Ultimately I setup all the reports I want to run in Marketo and have them emailed to me on a set cadence. Then I have Zapier watch my inbox for those emails and save the attachments to a folder in GDrive. Now, the tricky part for me was I wanted to have a running log of these reports, so I actually created a Google Script that will convert all the .csv files to Sheets and combine them into one master doc that also gets time-stamped. The only issue I've run into with it was that I have to clear out the old files every 2-3 months otherwise the script times out. This was definitely a poor mans solution and any integration would probably be better.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

May as well jump in seeing as no-one's come in with magic solutions here yet... We do a lot of business reporting with Data Studio. I'm not aware of any tool that integrates between Marketo & GDS.

Unexciting as it may be, we just have a bunch of smart list/report subscriptions set up and then push that data into google sheets, where some transformations happen, and the dashboard connects to that instead. 

Levi_Halvorsen
Level 1

What tools or services or.... do you use to push the smart list/report subscriptions into google sheets?

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

No tool/service, i'm afraid - just copy paste.

Jo_Pitts1

Wow!!  The queen of automation is using copy/paste.

@Grace_Brebner3 , that's just so very very wrong!!

Nick_Murphy
Level 1

Hey Grace - appreciate your feedback.  I currently have many smart list/report subscriptions set up that get sent to my email.  You mentioned from there you then push that data into google sheets.  How did you go about that? Any advice is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nick

Nicholas Murphy
Jo_Pitts1

@Nick_Murphy ,

Disclaimer: I HATE doing integration this way!

Any one of the many IPaaS tools (Zapier springs to mind) can extract attachments from emails and then manipulate them so that you can get them into Google Sheets

Better is to use a proper integration approach that extracts activity data from Marketo and loads it into whatever data storage you want for long term reporting, analysis etc.

Cheers

Jo

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I'm actually trying to use Stitch Data to integrate Marketo data into Google Data Studio. It does not seem as straight forward as I had hoped. If I get it up and running, I'll try to remember to update here.

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Good to hear your experience, Danielle.  Thanks for the reply!

markdavidbecker
Level 1

HI... i have same need. Did stitch work out and did you have to pay for their plan?