Re: Google AdWords mapping

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google AdWords mapping

In March Release notification, there were a few lines about Google AdWords and Marketo intergration for offline conversion tracking. I tried to find a guide on this topic and get an idea of how to use this feature, but apparently there's no guide or help article. Could you please send me a link if the guide exists, or just briefly explain how to set up the integration? Many thanks in advance for any help!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Elena, 

Here's a few I discovered -- still processing them myself but hopefully this is a start. It's pretty exciting!

Add Google Adwords as a Launchpoint service: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Add+Google+AdWords+as+a+Launchpoint+Service

Google Adwords Conversion in a Revenue Model:
https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Google+AdWords+Conversions+in+the+Revenue+Model

Personalized Remarketing in Google: 
https://docs.marketo.com/display/DOCS/Personalized+Remarketing+in+Google

Justin Norris | Perkuto
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Justin, thanks for these links. I've bookmarked them too!
Justin_Norris1

Cool!

Very quick first thoughts, it is a pity that the remarketing functionality seems specific to RTP data. Would be great to see this feature extend to any criteria in the database -- e.g., build a smart list to define your remarketing audience. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, Justin! That's awesome. Will try it out tomorrow when the feature arrives (hopefully)!

Jose_Rafael_Par
Level 3

Would love to hear how this new feature works. Marketo gives you a great overview of how to set it up, but they don't actually talk about what it does once it is set up. Since counting Marketo form submits as adwords conversions has been something I've needed to do since time immemorial, I hacked together a system whereby some javascript on my landing pages will fake a web page hit in Google Analytics, and then I tell Adwords to count any views of that fake page as conversions.

Does this new feature do anything beyond what I'm already achieving with javascript? If I turn it on, will I start seeing duplicate conversions? If anyone has tried it yet, I'd really like to hear about it!
Justin_Norris1

Hi Jose, as far as I understand it, this feature will replace what you're doing with javascript but a lot more broadly. 

Imagine triggering an adwords conversion when an opportunity is opened, or closed for that matter. That's the type of thing this would do by mapping adwords events to your revenue stages in the modeler. 

I haven't tried it to see it in action but that is powerful. 

If you turn it on for an event that you have an equivalent "fake page view" for you would see dupes so be mindful of that.