Google AdWords <> Marketo: GCLID

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google AdWords <> Marketo: GCLID

Hi Community,

We are working on integrating AdWords and Marketo and we have pretty much set everything up according to this guide, including building the revenue model and associating them with AdWords Conversions.

Set Google AdWords Conversions in the Revenue Model - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

But when we look in AdWords, we  see the Conversion Name come through but it is not associated with any keyword or Ad Group or campaign.

I took a deeper dive and it looks like Google needs each conversion to have a GCLID (Google click ID) tied to it. Does the LaunchPoint integration automatically capture and push this into AdWords? Is there additional work we need to do in order to tie our offline Marketo conversions to specific keywords in AdWords?

Thanks,

Hoi

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Re: Google AdWords <> Marketo: GCLID

We are going through this right now. Ended up creating a field in SFDC that syncs over to Marketo where we hid the field and populated it on the form using "Cookie Value".

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just did the same thing and called the field "Google Click ID".

We called it "Google Click ID" but do you know if the field needs to be named something else and/or if we need to do additional setup on Marketo's end in order for us to see the associated keyword, adgroup, and campaign associated with it in AdWords?

Thanks,

Hoi

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

That I am unsure of, we named ours "GCLID" and as far as I know everything is working as it should. Have you tried testing it out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

I have tried testing it. I built the revenue model, associated the revenue stages with AdWords Conversions, and added records to the model. When I checked Adwords, I see that the conversion went in but it wasn't associated with the keyword that the record searched, even though I included a custom field called "Google Click ID" on the record.

Are you able to see the conversion in Google AdWords and also see the associated keyword that led to the conversion?

Hoi