Re: GoToWebinar

Anonymous
Not applicable

GoToWebinar

We are currently implementing Marketo and while doing so we are still using Pardot. I am looking for someone to tell me how I should go about changing the GoToWebinar connector from Pardot to Marketo, BUT we want Pardot to still be connected to GoToWebinar until December 1. What is the best way to go about doing this? We do not want to sync Marketo with GoToWebinar right now out of fear of duplicates ending up in the Salesforce campaigns when Marketo and Salesfroce sync.

Please advise. 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Amanda, the integration really only takes a couple of minutes to set up in Marketo.. this guide is helpful, if you haven't seen it yet. If possible, I would advise that any webinars taking place prior to Dec 1 should be set up in Pardot, but any webinars that will be taking place after Dec 1 be set up in Marketo from the start so that you can have everything in the system of record. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amanda,

We transitioned from Pardot to Marketo when I first started at Tintri as well.

I think you're able to connect Marketo to GTM and not create SFDC dupes. Marketo will read SFDC but unless the registration is through Marketo, it won't actually alter any data.

I could be wrong, but why not test it with a trial webinar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for responding. One more question - does Marketo automatically override GTW and send the invite, thank you for registering, reminder, thank you for attending, and did not attend emails? Or is there a step that I am missing...currently with pardot we still have GTW sending the confirmations, reminders, and follow ups...
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Amanda, you can send your own reminders through Marketo, but you have to disable them in GTW. There is no automatic override there --- if you don't turn them off, and you have reminders going from Marketo, people will receive duplicate reminders (and this won't be limited by communication limits since GTW is outside of Marketo.) If you are sending through Marketo, just keep in mind that you will potentially hit your weekly communication limits sooner if you send out 2 reminders before and a follow up after.