SOLVED

Re: GoToWebinar email reminders in Marketo vs GoToWebinar

Go to solution
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

GoToWebinar email reminders in Marketo vs GoToWebinar

For webinar email reminders, we have been using Marketo to send a few days before and then an hour before.

I kind of like how the GoToWebinar reminders have all the calendar files in the reminder (Outlook, Gmail, Apple) without having to customize it.

So, if I turn off the reminders in Marketo and turn them on in GoToWebinar, the change status to Registered in Marketo will register them and GoToWebinar will send the reminders for me.

Do I have that right? Is there any drawback?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal

Darrell,

As long as the event program is synced with GoToWebinar, the statuses will sync back and forth, the reminders being on or off have no effect on the program status. So you can choose to send the reminders from GTW exclusively and turn off the reminders from within Marketo. GTW will know which registered leads to send the reminders to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal

Darrell,

As long as the event program is synced with GoToWebinar, the statuses will sync back and forth, the reminders being on or off have no effect on the program status. So you can choose to send the reminders from GTW exclusively and turn off the reminders from within Marketo. GTW will know which registered leads to send the reminders to.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The main drawback I've seen is just that you cannot format or brand the GTW emails so they look very generic. I'm not sure if this has changed, but it's one reason we've used custom Marketo emails in the past -- though it is much more work!!

Devraj_Grewal

Agreed, we like being able to place our logo in the reminder emails to "remind" registrants of what they've registered for.

Darrell_Alfons2

ah got it, thanks guys

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get to send confirmation emails from Marketo with the calendar add-ons?

Plus, I would appreciate knowing if you could make the Save the date token to populate the member url token !

thanks very much!!