Re: GoToWebinar Simulated Live Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

any update on this one? I now have Marketing Managers wanting to use the new GTW functionality...but isn't this fundamentally a recording of a webinar - so we don't really need unique URLs for individuals to log in - or am i missing something?

Peter_Kosmal
Level 2

Just chiming in as another interested party.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to GTW support yesterday and they have just sent me this response -

Hello Michael,

They (meaning GTW) have finally rolled out Simulated Live support however it's only in v2 of our API. You'll need to reach out to Marketo and ensure that they've updated to v2 of our GoToWebinar API: https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar-api-overview-v2

I spoke to Marketo Support and they said the best thing to do would be to add something here: -

which is what I've done - and here's what I put, as well as the note above: -

This is important because we are running more and more webinars - less budget in Marketing, so more need to reuse resources - a webinar would be run, recorded and then scheduled in advance using Simulated Live - so it's a huge time saver for Marketing teams. It also allows us to reuse the webinar resource in multiple time zones without local Marketing teams needing to be there to set up/run/monitor/end the webinar...this is a 2018 must-have...

so I guess now everyone needs to vote for this and we'll see what Marketo do...

Adele_Miller
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

YES thank you Michael, I have voted. We spoke to GTW about this in January and were told to sit tight, so hopefully we are nearly there.

Rachel_Bosley1
Level 2

Thanks for the update Michael Collins - great news. I'm asking my team to vote.

As an update - I've been using the Simulated live feature since February and connecting registrants from a Marketo Landing Page to GTW through Zapier - and it works! It's been great, and once set up, it's automated. It just takes a little bit of tweaking when a new webinar is set up.

I would still prefer to see Marketo support this though, because it's WAY more simple to set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

Currently running into this problem now, can you possible share a step-by-step on how you did it using Zapier? What's the trigger and what did the action convert to? Any help is appreciated, thanks Rachel!

Wing_Sung2
Level 1

Yes I'm interested to know too!

Diego_Villamiz1
Level 1

@Rachel .  Seems like this is a popular one. Could you please tell us how was the zapier from Marketo to GTW?  At the moment only works with new leads but not for existing leads. Appreciate your help.

Rachel_Bosley1
Level 2

The only way I could get it to work was by setting it up through a webhook. So once the lead registers on your Marketo page, you would call the webhook that's connected to your Zap.

Brittini_Smith
Level 1

Can you be more specific? Trying to set this up now but still unsure how to set it up given the Zapier options I see available.

Thanks!!!